Sunday, March 3, 2013

Reading #8


China Adams
Pg. 332-340

After reading China Adams article, she seems to be a very interesting artist. Her conceptual thoughts and theories seem to be very different than the other artists I have read about so far this year. She uses mythology and scriptures to base her work off of and different views that most people do not think about. What I really love is her light box. I can relate to her light box in two aspects of my art. First, I make my own light box that reflects infinite space, and her light box reflects infinite life. What I mean by that is that she waits until her death and then the art collector receives that light box portraying her body part, so her being will live on for long after she dies. That brings me to my second point, my paintings reflect infinite life because I paint portraits of people that I care about and I want their being to remain on this earth long after they pass away. China Adams is a very interesting artist who I can relate to with my artwork.



Inspirational Images
Encaustic







New Work


No comments:

Post a Comment