Sunday, February 24, 2013

Reading #7


Julian Miller
Gregory Green
Pg. 322-331

After reading about Gregory Green I find his work very interesting. His outlook on the world is different than many others. He believes in anarchy and educating the public about bombs and how to construct them. He says that we loose power in a governmental society if we don’t equip ourselves with explosives. His work to me is awesome because in my opinion I don’t always agree with the government and its actions towards problems in society. Gregory Green plays around with the minds of many people because he develops explosives and gives the public the option to make them. His catch is that he leaves out little bits of information so an outsider could not complete the explosive completely. That is his catch in the legal system so that he cannot go to jail, which to me is brilliant. His outlook on his work and society is very engaging, and after reading about him I wanted to know more. He has also gained a ton of media attention because his artistic style is very avant-garde. His artwork stirs up a lot of attention and questions from outsiders, which has made him famous in a way. To me, Green is a different and brilliant artist who took a feared concept and has made it into an art form. His creativity is out of this world, I would like to meet this man and talk to him for a little bit to understand more. 





Inspirational Works
Ivan Navarro






  New Work
 Paint of a good friend of mine
 Wanted to step outside of oil paint and play with some texture. Melted candles down on a black surface and added the center of a record to play with the illusion that a record was actually there.
A self portrait I completed with oil paint. Loose brushstrokes.

No comments:

Post a Comment